11TH GRADE PARENTS: Learn How To Save Money While Developing The College List! 4 Week Program!
Parents Of High School Juniors (and Sophomores who want a head start!):
Join College Financial Prep: our live, online group coaching program for parents covering all of your questions before you start applying to colleges!
- How to navigate finding free money so that you can save on the cost of college for your children!
- The tools and secrets necessary to find the colleges that will meet and exceed your child's expectations along with meeting your financial concerns.
- Strategies to implement if you were unable to save enough money to cover the cost of college or are separated, divorced, widowed, unemployed, or have (too much!) money so that you can all save on the cost of college.
- Have your questions answered in real time each step of the way!
WEEK 1 - INTRODUCTION TO COLLEGE AND FINANCES.
- The basics of the college financial aid process and the different types of free money available.
- Where to find merit scholarships and how to qualify.
- The benefits of honors programs, including a guidebook listing the country’s best honors programs.
HANDOUT - The College Financial Prep Honors Program Guide
WEEK 2 - YOUR PERSONAL FINANCES AND DISCUSSING NEED BASED AID.
- About the various financial aid applications and why everyone should apply for Need Based Aid.
- What you should know in case of any current or future special situations such as separation, divorce, widowhood, job loss and more.
HANDOUT - College Financial Prep Scholarship Search Listing
WEEK 3 - DEVELOPING THE COLLEGE LIST.
- What questions you and your child need to answer about college.
- Exercises to help you determine what funds you have for college and what you’ll be able to afford.
- How to evaluate different careers and their impact on the college decision
- What resources to consider.
HANDOUT - College Financial Prep's "The Four Exercises."
WEEK 4 - NEXT STEPS.
- How to understand student loans.
- How to project your expected family contribution and college costs for various schools.
HANDOUT - College Financial Prep's NPC Tracker
College Financial Prep's 11th Grade Parents Group Coaching will meet via Zoom for four sessions on Tuesdays at 7:00pm EST (and will be recorded should you be unable to attend any session.). Exact dates are below. Your questions and discussion are always welcome during our sessions!
Session dates are:
- Tuesday, May 24
- Tuesday, May 31
- Tuesday, June 7
- Tuesday, June 14
Register today so that you are informed and confident in the actions and decisions that you need to make for your child’s future.
(This class will run with enrollment of four or more registrants.)
Questions? Contact Vicki Vollweiler, College Financial Coach and Founder of College Financial Prep. Call 516-225-5224 or email CollegeFinancialPrep@gmail.com
Directions: Click "Add To Cart" and then click the Icon of the shopping bag in the upper right corner to go to Checkout. Click "Checkout" to complete registration. You will be sent the login link and password.