12th GRADE PARENTS: Find Even More FREE Money Before You Commit To A College!
Parents of High School Seniors who have completed their FAFSA form and/or their CSS Profile and submitted their college applications are not done yet! Now it's time to find even more FREE money before your teen commits to a college!
Our Discussions Will Include:
- How to find even more free money after you have completed FAFSA!
- What to consider when deciding between offers.
- How to negotiate your financial aid package.
- Student loans, grants, scholarships. Making the best financial decisions.
- Your questions answered live during our weekly discussions!
WEEK 1 - TIME TO SAVE EVEN MORE MONEY
- How to review your financial aid award letters and what key items to look for.
- How to analyze the costs of attendance, merit scholarships, need based scholarships, work/study, and student loans
HANDOUT - College Financial Prep's Financial Aid Spreadsheet
WEEK 2 - NEGOTIATIONS AND APPEALS
- Important information to include when requesting more FREE money
- How to appeal special circumstances, including separation, divorce, job loss and more
HANDOUT - College Financial Prep Sample Letters
WEEK 3 - MAKING THE FINAL COLLEGE DECISION
- How to see your Return On Investment with examples
- What the bottom line costs are for each college and what the monthly student loan payments be
- How to communicate with your child about the college decision and finances
HANDOUT - Student loan calculator
WEEK 4 - STUDENT LOANS.
- The types of student loans, including the Parent Plus and Private Loans
- What Entrance Counseling, the Master Promissory Note, and Exit Counseling are
HANDOUT- College Financial Prep's Student Loan Guide
The College Financial Prep 12th Grade Parents will meet via Zoom on Tuesdays at 7:00pm EST (and will be recorded should you be unable to attend any session.). Exact dates are below. Bring your questions and get live answers!
- Session dates are: March 8, March 15, March 22, March 29
Register with College Financial Prep today so that you are informed and confident in the actions and decisions that you need to make for your child’s future.
(This class will run with enrollment of four or more families.)
Questions? Contact Vicki Vollweiler, College Financial Coach and Founder of College Financial Prep. Call 516-225-5224 or Email CollegeFinancialPrep@gmail.com.
Directions: Click "Add To Cart" and then click the Icon of the shopping bag in the upper right corner to go to Checkout. Click "Checkout" to complete registration and you will be sent the login link and password.