COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
College Financial Prep helps families save money on the cost of college. One way to save money is through scholarships. These can typically be found through the colleges themselves, through the government or through private sources. We have listed some of the available resources below.
If you wish for further assistance in locating the maximum number of available scholarships, contact College Financial Prep. Our "Scholarship" services also includes applications and essay assistance.
Free Scholarship Search Engines:
Special Interest Scholarship Sites:
- Jewish-American Scholarships (www.ujafedny.org)
- African-American Scholarships (www.uncf.org)
- Hispanic-American Scholarships (www.hsf.net)
- Scholarships for Women (www.aauw.org)
- Mensa Foundation Scholarship (www.mensafoundation.org/what-we-do/scholarships/)
- Scholarships for people affected by the 9/11 tragedy:
- Families of Freedom:(http://www.familiesoffreedom.org)
- New York State TAP Veterans Tuition
- New York State TAP 9/11 Tuition
6 Music Scholarships That Can Help Musicians Pay for College
- ASCAP Foundation Scholarships.
- Glenn Miller Birthplace Society Music Scholarship.
- The BMI Foundation Music Scholarships.
- The Bel Canto Vocal Scholarship Foundation.
- Young Musicians Foundation (YMF) Scholarships.
- Kerope Zildjian Concert Scholarship.
And here are several additional scholarship databases available for use in finding monies for college. The following are some of the more popular sites.
- www.armedforcescareers.com – Information on pursuing a career in the US Armed Forces.
- www.blackexcel.org – resource primarily African-American families and first-generation college students.
- www.careerprep.com – Summary of news and employment trends.
- www.collegeedge.com – Helps students to select majors, careers, colleges and scholarships.
- www.collegenet.com – Offers college search, financial aid assistance, scholarship search, and on-line college applications.
- www.collegereview.com – Resource of 3500 + colleges with multimedia tours and financial aid information.
- www.edupass.org – Financial Aid information for foreign students.
- www.fastweb.com – Free scholarship search service.
- www.longisland.com/scholarship – Comprehensive listing of scholarships available on Long Island.
- www.mapping-your-future.org – College and career planning information.
- www.nycolleges.com – 100+ private colleges and universities in NY.
- www.petersons.com – Information on SAT, scholarships, college selection.
- www.princetonreview – A variety of college information.
- www.scholaraid.com – Free scholarship service.
- www.schoolfinder.com – Offers assistance on identifying interests, colleges, and scholarships.
- www.srnexpress.com – Advanced scholarship search with many private scholarships not available on other sites.
- www.suny.edu - Information about the State University of NY system with links to all SUNY campus.
- www.wiredscholar.com – Scholarship search and financial aid information.
If you would like to learn more about college planning, college affordability and how you can save the most money on the cost of college, sign up for our newsletter below...