College Financial Prep was founded by Vicki Vollweiler, who holds her Master's Degree in Business Administration and has focused the bulk of her career on analysis, pricing, return on investment and business negotiations. Vicki's MBA degree comes from Syracuse University where she attended on a
"Full Free Ride + Stipend!"
So Why College Financial Prep? It all started with Vicki's own personal story.
"I was a Divorce Coach who helped people attain goals, specifically with regards to their personal finances. As clients started to ask me how they were going to afford the cost of college, my own son was approaching high school and I certainly wanted the best for my son!
As a divorced mom, I knew that I wanted to spend the least amount of money necessary to ensure, both, his success and happiness while allowing me to maintain my bank account and not go into debt. I know that we all want the absolute best for our children, especially, when preparing for college. The key is to be informed, strategic and detail oriented so that you can maximize savings on the cost of college. If you're unsure how to proceed, don't potentially lose thousands and thousands of dollars. College Financial Prep was created to guide families through the maze of college financial aid. "
It is College Financial Prep's work with families of various sizes and means that has led Vicki to apply her analytical and coaching skills to those with children planning for attendance at college, whether on a tight budget, or with a desire to acquire maximum scholarship dollars to reduce college costs. As each child and their family has a different idea as to what their ideal college fit is, College Financial Prep works with clients to strategize and meet goals! All discussions are private and confidential.
College Financial Prep:
1. Locates Need based and Merit based scholarship opportunities prior to submitting college applications.
2. Advises as to which schools children should apply to for strategic purposes in the hopes of maximizing scholarship dollars for college.
3. Understands the complexities of separation and divorce scenarios and finds the opportunities for saving money.
4. Aids in preparation and submission off all financial aid forms.
5. Files appeals due to extenuating circumstances.
6. Analyzes financial awards and negotiates as needed with individual colleges.
7. Advises on student loan acquisition to minimize debt incurred.
8. Works with parents to repair credit.
Additional services, such as Scholarship Essay assistance, ACT/SAT tutors, College Advisors, Career/Major Advisors and Timeline and Project Management specialists are available to assist.
College Financial Prep prides itself on the superior client services that it provides during what can be a confusing, emotional and stressful time. We are available to clients throughout the process and do not stop working with a client once a single form is filled out. By understanding the client's goals, finding the right mix of schools to apply to, accurately completing all financial aid forms and knowing how to negotiate and work with universities, each child can go to the best college at the best price!